Chicago Food Magazine: Have a Heart, Help a Heart This Valentine’s Day at Gene & Georgetti
This Valentine’s Day, “Have a Heart, Help a Heart.” Gene & Georgetti is inviting guests to celebrate Valentine’s Day and make an impact.
The Valentine’s celebration runs Friday, Feb. 10, Saturday, Feb. 11, Monday, Feb. 13 and Tuesday, Feb. 14. (Gene & Georgetti is closed on Sundays). On those days, guests may order a hand painted, glittery, red bottle of ONEHOPE Edna Valley Pinot Noir, $69, to benefit heart disease education via The Hope Heart Institute.
For a taste of romance…. the ONEHOPE Pinot Noir has aromas of dark cherry and rose petals coupled with hints of fresh spearmint and nutmeg. The medium body is driven by concentrated fruit and vanilla cherry soda on the mid palate. The wine finishes with a touch of fall spice.
Purchase a bottle to perfectly pair with any signature dish off of Gene & Georgetti’s regular menu, or enjoy the following Valentine’s menu specials:
· Caprese Salad, fresh mozzarella, heirloom cherry tomatoes and green basil $8.75
· Braised Short Rib Ravioli, veal demi glace and tomato beurre blanc, $12
· Land + Sea, a 6 oz. petite filet and day boat scallop or grilled shrimp, with sauce Choron, $49
· Broiled Chilean Sea Bass, with roasted potato, steamed broccolini, and a sundried tomato cream, $37
· Chicken Roulade, stuffed with roasted peppers, spinach, and a fresh tomato-basil sauce, $26
· Every couple that purchases a bottle of the ONEHOPE Pinot Noir will receive a complimentary homemade Panna Cotta dessert for two, espresso-infused Italian Custard made with cream, served with strawberries and house made whipped cream.
“Our Valentine’s Day promotion aligns with our philosophy of giving back to our community – a tradition that our family has proudly maintained since my grandfather Gene Michelotti first opened our doors more than 75 years ago,” says Michelle Durpetti, managing partner of Gene & Georgetti. “For example, this past November, Gene & Georgetti raised $7,300 toward Hepzibah Children’s Association during National Adoption Month, and we continue to support local and national charities throughout the year.”
For more information about Valentine’s Day or to make your reservation, please call Gene & Georgetti Chicago at (312) 527-3718 or Rosemont at (847) 653-3300 or visit www.GeneandGeorgetti.com.
Click here to check out the feature on ChicagoFoodMagazine’s website!