July 11, 2011
Chicago’s oldest steakhouse — Gene and Georgetti — celebrates its 70th anniversary with a special 3-day menu and shows ABC7 how to make a favorite dish, veal lemone.
River North’s Gene & Georgetti was founded in 1941 by Gene Michellotti and his partner Alfredo Federighi, who was nicknamed “Georgetti” after a famous Italian cyclist. Partners Gene and “Georgetti” worked hand in hand to establish the
reputation of excellence that is continued through today. Showcasing their ﬁne Italian cuisine, general manager Richard Ciota gives a taste of what is on the celebration menu.
3 2oz Veal Medallions
4 oz White Wine
1 tbsp Butter
1 cup Flour
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2oz Chicken Stock
Juice of 1/2 Lemon
Salt and Black Pepper to taste
Fresh Chopped Parsley (garnish)
3 slices of lemon (garnish)
1) Lightly dust the veal with ﬂour.
2) Heat olive oil in a fry pan
3) Place the veal into the pan, season with salt and pepper and sear for about 30 seconds
4) Turn over the veal, season this side as well with salt and black pepper and sear for about 30 seconds
5) Remove the veal and exceeding olive oil, replace the pan over the heat and add butter, pour in the lemon juice,
white wine and chicken stock let it reduce for about 2 minutes
6) Once your sauce is ready, transfer veal to a serving dish, pour the sauce over them, sprinkle with fresh chopped
parsley and three slices of lemon and serve