Join Our Team
We are looking for smart, outgoing, self starters who are confident, well spoken, and cool under pressure. If this sounds like you, we’d love to have you join the Gene & Georgetti family as a Host or Hostess!
Positions are available at both our Chicago and Rosemont locations. See below for more details!
The restaurant hostess is the first employee to interact with arriving guests as they enter the restaurant. It is the job of the hostess to greet arriving guests, welcome them into the establishment and seat them. The guests receive their first impression of the service of the restaurant by their exchange with the hostess. While guests are waiting to be seated or waiting for take-out orders to be ready, it will be your job to ensure that the guests are made comfortable and kept informed of the status of their orders or wait times.
– Monitoring the open dining sections of the restaurant for empty and cleaned tables.
– Estimating wait times for guests, monitoring the guest waiting list.
– Ensuring that the needs of the guests are met while they are waiting.
– Answering the telephone and booking reservations.
– As guests arrive, the hostess assesses the dining room and, if an accommodating table is available, escorts the guests to the dining room.
– Make any necessary changes to the dining room occupancy chart.
Hostesses should have previous restaurant experience, the ability to read and write fluently, to take and follow instructions in both verbal and written forms and to have the basic assessment and math skills to estimate wait times for guests. Open Table experience preferred.
Compensation: $13.00 hr
Please send resumes to